Tuesday, January 11, 2011

9 degrees

This morning I got in my car almost frozen solid from the short walk I made to get in. It was a whopping 9 degrees.
It has seemed to be an unusually cold winter. With that in mind I asked our service manager Chris Stearns what tips he had for us in the frigid temps. This is how he responded:

"Tips: Driving warms the car faster than idling. If your concern is not the health of the car, but simply your own creature comforts. Idling is not actually an effective way to warm up a car – it warms up faster if you just drive it. Your vehicle is built with cold weather starts in mind this is why the switch to the New lighter weight oils to provide better protection faster at lower temperatures."

My creature comforts seem a little more important at 9 degrees and besides the health of my car is up to the boys down at Hatch Toyota.